Sunday, May 3, 2009

Parking Strip

Our house was simply referred to as the "pumpkin patch" house. I met a neighbor prior to moving in who said that people would steal the pumpkins on Halloween and throw them at cars passing by.

2 weeks before Halloween, we dismantled the pumpkin patch.


Forward to April 2007, I looked out of our living window and realized the former pumpkin patch was now a full blown weed patch. With the help of my in-laws and a rototiller, we cleared the unwanted vegetation and started on our garden journey. Since we had never planted anything before we relied on the help of my in-laws, my mother and my aunt for gardening tips and free flowers! We received a bunch of Shasta daisies, euphorbia, English lavender, butterfly lavender, Chinese lanterns, rosemary and two beautiful maple trees. We bought some coral bells and canna. Not bad for first timers!















After two years, we know what works and what works too much - Shasta daisies! We thinned a few things out, and added a bunch of other things.

Here is a picture I took today of our parking strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment