Monday, May 25, 2009

Bust a Move....

Or at least some concrete slab. Memorial day weekend and I decided to focus my attention to the backyard. I have spent two plus years dotting on my front yard and the front strip, the back yard was sadly neglected.

My backyard is a great place for family and friends to hang out, enjoy the sun and my husband's great bbq! After demolishing the overgrown shrubs and bug infested trees, I was left with just the concrete slab to take care of. Then onto the fun part, designing the backyard!

I was unsure of how to break up the concrete slab, the piece was not large, but it was heavy. After a few minutes, my trusty shovel and sledgehammer, the job was done.


After the concrete was out, my husband and I tackled the daunting task of weeding, shoveling, planting and hauling compost. After 4 days of hard work, we are able to enjoy our Zen Garden!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, Quynh, you guys are pretty much amazing. That looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete